Modelzone - Nottingham

Welly

• RMweb Premium

I was in Nottingham again recently and decided to check out the Nottingham branch of Modelzone ( I've not been to any other branch of Modelzone )

It's on the first floor of the Broadmarsh shopping centre and it took a bit of finding. ( Weird thing about shopping in Nottingham is that you can find TWO branches of the same chain store in the city centre eg HMV and Clinton Cards! :blink: )

Hornby and Bachmann are stocked but at rather high normal prices. There were some items on sale and I picked up a Hornby loco and a coach at reduced price.

There are Peco, Superquick, Woodlands scenics as well as the usual suspects paints ( Humbrol and Tamiya ) and a number of tools. There are also plasticards, plastructs, metal tubings, strips, sections and rods in stock. The only book I spotted in stock is a Cyril Freezer Track Plans for small layouts.

When I paid for my loco, they didn't have a test track to check it but the assistant was happy to try a 9V battery on the wheels when I suggested it.

Modelzone reminds me of what Beatties used to be like and I'll be happy to visit the store again though to be honest, I now prefer Gee Dees.

Archived