LENZ LV 102 5A BOOSTER

Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

My Lenz kit (and that at the club) is all the current version of 3.6.

I'm just about to acquire a LV102 booster unit. Did any of these released during the previous firmware release need an upgrade or was it only the handset and LZV100 that needed upgrading? I'm assuming it didn't as I can't find anything to state that it did but I'd appreciate the assurance of someone with these items.

Tony

If I remember rightly, the LV102 was released with the Railcom cut out in and is future proofed due to the fact it just acts as a sort of relay station for the DCC signal as well as a booster.

It is the LH100 and LZV 100 that has all the important stuff in it. According to the Lenz site, the LZV100 will be firmware upgraded to V4 by Lenz at its factory or agent and after that it will be upgraded by the user via the Internet as per the ECoS is.

According to the Lenz US web site, the LV102 also requires an update to V3.6.

In addition, when V4.0 becomes available, it will need updating again.

Lenz USA news - see Jan 2010 newsletter

V3.6 upgrade details

I could not see any reference to upgrading LV102 to work with V3.6.

That aside, I am using an old original LV100 and LV101 with V3.6 ( also use them with ECoS). No problems at all.

Therefore,I doubt LV102 would have to be upgraded to work with V3.6.

I will stand corrected if wrong.

Ian

I could not see any reference to upgrading LV102 to work with V3.6.

I'm trying to make sense of it myself Ian.

Here is one reference to the LV102....

Current shipping version is V3.6. Anything lower then 3.6, contact us for the upgrade details.

Please note that in order to get the current RailCom on your LV102, or the LZV’s internal LV102 in the LZV, then LV102 and LZV must come in here to Chelmsford (USA) for the update.

Also with regard to the internal booster in the LZV, there's a reference to version 5 ?

IMPORTANT NOTE: If the LV102 in your LZV100 system is not the current version (Version 5) and you want the ability to run RailCom flawlessly in the future: the LZV MUST be sent to us for an LV102 booster upgrade.

Could it be that it only affects early LV102's, i.e. pre-2008?

The current US price list for V3.6 updates also includes the LV102.

American Hobby Distributors - Lenz V3.6 update - price list

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for the replies and links.

As Railcom isn't an issue for me then it would appear that any LV102 will be fine. If Railcom were to be become relevant then I could follow the instructions below to determine if an upgrade was needed.

If the LV102 in your LZV100 system is not the current version (Version 5) and you want the ability to run RailCom flawlessly in the future: the LZV MUST be sent to us for an LV102 booster upgrade ... To determine the version number use POM in CV 7 and write a value of 50 followed immediately by CLEAR) and enter a value of 96. After this sequence the LED will turn off and a few seconds later will blink the version number. 5 blinks means you have the most current version.

Tony

Archived