Bachmann A1

This is with the cartazzi wheel removed (I need to get hold of a flangeless one). It runs fine without the tender, but with the tender attached the front bogie derails consistently.

I'm sure it will be fine on the 4th radius curves on my new layout, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any easy solutions to this issue.

Cheers

This is with the cartazzi wheel removed (I need to get hold of a flangeless one). It runs fine without the tender, but with the tender attached the front bogie derails consistently.

I'm sure it will be fine on the 4th radius curves on my new layout, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any easy solutions to this issue.

Cheers

Hi Tom,

If you have it on the close coupling setting for the tender, it won't go round 2nd radius curves. It really is only happy around 3rd and up for that.

I seem to remember a problem with the Cartazzi truck arrangement not sliding smoothly on one example and causing derailments. I think cured it with a few very fine strokes of a file to remove rough edges. Not the same problem as your though if you have removed it.

• 1 month later...

Archived