Lenz decoder wiring harness question

hoovernut

I have three Lenz gold chips that i wish to put into some 21 pin Bachmann locos but have come across i slight problem. The wiring harneses that comes with the lenz gold have an 8 pin connector and i have tried the route of using a 21 pin to 8 pin convertor but when i try to put the body back on the adaptor fouls the top of the body as it's to tall . I have seen on one website a TCS wiring harneses 21 pin to a male jst connector and was wondering if it was compatable with my lenz chips. Im not sure if jst plugs are made to a set NRMA standard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• RMweb Gold

Some of my US diesels have a JST 9 pin connector. Once the header with diodes etc on it is unplugged the decoder plugs on. These were TCS decoders but the loco manufacturer didn't specify make, just connector so it would appear to be a standard size.

Tony

The Hornby Saphire Decoder comes with an 8pin plug to 21 pin cable - as the saphire decoder is only made as a 21 pin.

You may then find an alternative use for the Hornby Decoder in a 21-pin loco .... its not to be confused with the other Hornby decoder or its predecessors

I would just like post an update with this issue. I have purchased three TCS 1354 wiring harness which is 21 pin to jst plug and they work fine with all lights working and no issues when programing the decoder.

Many thanks for the info .

I got the harnesses from dcc surplies, ordered thursday night, delivered saturday morning , first class service fromm dcc surplies yet again.

Archived