Bachmann Intermodal Bogie Wagons

• RMweb Premium

Hi

can any one tell me how / where you are supposed to secure the containers to the Bachmann Intermodal Bogie Wagons,just bought a set today and in the detailing pack that came with them are some "yellow dots" the size of a pin head, do I glue these to the bottom of the containers so that tey lock into place.

intermodal Bogie Wagons

All help truly apreciated.

thnaks

Steve

Fit four to the 'Twistlock' locations on the container- these are on the corners of the 20' boxes, but set in from the end on the longer (45'/13.6m) ones. The boxes then locate on to what look a bit like hand rails on either side of the wagon. The remainder of the pack can then be located elsewhere on these rails. Unlike other container wagons, the container securing points on the wagon are not at fixed centres, but can be slid along the 'rails' to accomodate the various permutations of container and swap-body. At this point, I'd normally suggest looking at some photos on Martyn Read's Fotopic site, but it is currently inaccessible.

Here you go: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/Wagons/F/FIA-intermodal-flats-Sfggmrrss/16316241_Q2XbE#1226316663_NMvmd

As Brian says the spigots are hinged on the "bars" on the outside of the wagon so can slide from location to location as needed, either located in the rectangular "pockets" or as per here dropped into one of the holes to be out of the way for a container to be loaded "across" that space: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/Wagons/F/FIA-intermodal-flats-Sfggmrrss/16316241_Q2XbE#1226315833_3Tx8h-A-LB

Once you work out which way round they need to be the easiest way is to mount them to the bottom of the 20' containers as Brian says, then fit them to the wagon. Check with photo's after that to see where there needs to be a "down" spigot when you have those containers loaded - there are shots there of the Ebange-Scunthorpe steel train that whilst it isn't conventional containers, the flat-racks loaded are 20', so those should give you an idea of where the rest need to be with that loading.

Archived