N.C.B. transfers

Title says it all. I've had a rummage through Fox and Modelmaster but all they seem to have are main line locomotives, BR and pre-nationalisation PO stuff.

What I'm after is the initials in big bold letters for tank sides and smaller stuff for the wagons. Some of the still smaller stuff for locomotives identifying areas like Backworth and Ashington with the loco number would be nice too, but I'll cheerfully settle just for N.C.B.

ModelMaster do something suitable for the wagons (at least, as the Durham Area of the NCB employed), item reference 8135.

The NCB can hardly said to have been the most 'corporate' or organisations which is probably the reason each colliery, never mind region, seems to have painted its locomotives differently though Durham and Northumbria seem to have been more consistent than many, though many of their machines seem to have omitted 'NCB' from the tanksides altogether. See: http://www.lambtonlocomotivestrust.co.uk/industrialsteam3/index2.html for copious examples.

My suggestion would be to attempt to find a suitable alphabet (for the numbers, I have employed SR Bulleid period numbers intended for coach ends, etc., and painted my own red shading on) and use the letters from that.

HTH

Adam

• RMweb Gold

Title says it all. I've had a rummage through Fox and Modelmaster but all they seem to have are main line locomotives, BR and pre-nationalisation PO stuff.

What I'm after is the initials in big bold letters for tank sides and smaller stuff for the wagons. Some of the still smaller stuff for locomotives identifying areas like Backworth and Ashington with the loco number would be nice too, but I'll cheerfully settle just for N.C.B.

Hi Stuart,

There are plenty (as detailed in the posts) of decals for wagons.

There used to be some Steam Loco ones as well but I haven't seen any of them for years.

No one currently has any specifically for locos and it's a case of make your own or get someone to make some for you!

If you have good square, side on photos of the locos you want transfers for I suggest you send them to John Peck at Precision as he will probably be able to mek something out of the photos.

If I find the remains of the NCB loco decal sheet - I'll see if it has a makers name on it.

I seem to remember that they are all yellow though.

Thanks

Archived