Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

anti tagging decals for scenery in model railroads

dana

Around The city of Surrey BC Canada , all the Canada Post boxes, BC hydro junction boxes and various street detail that Urban Artists like to tag are being covered up by decals to reduce street artistry as some call it . Some of the boxes are covered with photographic shots of historic sites like the Stewart farm house in sunset in Surrey or a feild of roses all in the name of preventing the artists from leaving thier artistry on surfaces they like to tag . Im sure this is starting to be common in various towns and citys in england and the rest of Europe so my point is any one thought of contacting silver fox and other decal manufactures of creating decals for various lines of scenery besides street artistry decals ?.

That's awesome. B)

My impression of the OP though is that we're talking a smaller scale, on things like electrical junction boxes, post boxes and the like?

Correct gorious but decals of similar artwork like the one shown would be great for large blank walls too. I'll have too take pics of said boxes to show what im talking about :P . I cant expect decal makers like silver fox to make the decals if they dont have the artwork or photos . this is a pic of a canada post box not decaled found on web

http://en.wikipedia....ost_mailbox.jpg

• 1 month later...

The OP referred to BC Hydro (electric company) boxes. Here's a few photos of what is being done with them.

This is what all the boxes used to look like:

post-1771-0-37018600-1306557942_thumb.jpg

Some are covered with vinyls of flowers, bushes etc. If they're in rural areas and the vinyls are matched well with the local flora, the boxes can be difficult to pick out. (The ones below are in urban areas).

post-1771-0-28916200-1306558148_thumb.jpg

post-1771-0-19133500-1306558173_thumb.jpg

And some give details of local history, like this one:

post-1771-0-87442800-1306558295_thumb.jpg

hey ph You live in port moody ? . Probly have seen ya around at local trainshows :laugh: Based in surrey and white rock myself thanks for showing what i mean for the electrical box anti tagging that i was talking about .

Archived