South Lanarkshire Model Railway Exhibition

Jim49

The South Lanarkshire Model Railway Exhibition will take place in Rutherglen town hall on

Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th April but what layouts and traders will be there?

Jim

• RMweb Gold

This appears to be the relevant club's website, but appears silent on their own exhibition?

http://www.eastkilbridemrc.com/

Jamie and Culreoch by himself?

Cheers,

26power

HI all,

This is the 'New' website - I've been advised it's an ongoing work!

DEMU will be in attendance with our usual range of modelling activities!

One of Mike Bartles layouts will be available for inspection representing Ayr MRG.

Latest news! Mikes layout is not attending the show. Apparently he never had a confirmation.

Not recieved any info for the show yet!

Will update if I do.

Thanks

Hi everyone

Details of this year's exhibition have now been posted in the Calendar.

Our apologies for our website not displaying this information - we have been experiencing some problems with its maintenance.

We hope that as many RMwebbers as possible will come along and enjoy one of the best smaller exhibitions in Scotland.

Regards

Link:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/calendar/1/event-320

Think Griffen Road Dock is Mike Bartle's layout? See Scottish Modeller post above!

Cheers,

26power

Hi everyone

Details of this year's exhibition have now been posted in the Calendar.

Our apologies for our website not displaying this information - we have been experiencing some problems with its maintenance.

We hope that as many RMwebbers as possible will come along and enjoy one of the best smaller exhibitions in Scotland.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

HI All,

DEMU will be in attendance...

Mike has confirmed and had a response from Ian about his layout.

Griffin Road Dock WILL NOT be at the show.

Max - You want me to pack the magnifiers and bring loads of paracetamol?

See you at the show!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent local show that goes from strength to strengh and probably the only one that Glasgow now offers outside the SECC.

Obviously I`m not counting the embarassment called the Cathcart Show which continues to do more harm than good for the hobby.

There are some excellent offerings this year ..looking forward to seeing Airthey and St marnock again not to mention a browse at Douglas` stand.

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Had to miss out due to work this year which is a pity as it sounds like it's rather good again.

Dave.

It was a superb show this year with about every layout offering something and including two EM finescale layouts in addition to the fantastic DCC sounds from Airthey and the inmpressive 7mm St Marnock.

As said it is nice to have roomn to stop and look and chat without the manic crowds of the big shows. As usual spent too much on more books for mr Blades.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Another good time was had by all!

A good weekend with the weather - Sunday was a bit on the warm side though - especially if you were under the glass house roof.

Good layouts, variety of trade, displays etc...

Good to see/hear lots of members visiting the show.

Thanks

Another good time was had by all!

Agreed Phil,

Thanks both to the EK MRC for the invite and to the team who came and kept me right behind the layout.

The layouts in the 'glasshouse' room looked great in the natural light on Sunday when I took a wander through. B)

Guest Max Stafford

The layouts in the 'glasshouse' room looked great in the natural light on Sunday when I took a wander through. B)

Not only that but looking out the window towards the Red Road flats, with a bit of imagination you can still see the comings and goings at 65B! :)

Dave.

Thanks for the compliment Jamie but to be honest, any time I was on the controller, you looked

more anxious than normal and seemed to spend more time running about correcting things than when

you were operating by yourself. Can't wait for the next show!

Jim

Archived