OOCL Container Colour

Hello.

With C-Rail having sold out of OOCL paint, I am left to find the closest match. I have become stuck with way too much choice on the market. Thus i would like to call on the good people of this forum to recommend me what colours and brands have they found best to matching OOCL.

Arran at C-Rail suggested for a start i use an White mixed with a Brown Grey. I havent been able to find a Brown Grey. Plus being colour blind in the Brown-Red spectrum i am lost!

Thus...Any suggestions firstly from first hand experience of mixing up an OOCL colour and if not a second hand suggestion of what colour is a good match to Brown Grey?

Enemel Gloss is needed and Humbrol paint is the easiest suggestion as i can just walk down into town and get some. But can sauce Phenoix or Railmatch if anyone has got a good recommendation on colours.

I shall leave a forward note of thanks. Thank you!

I'd recommend Tamiya JA Grey (XF14) as it's more grey than the deck tan. I know it's acrylic, and matt, but I think it would work very well with a spot of white in it.

According to the Humbrol website, 147 is a substitute, although it doesn't look quite as brown to me.

HTH

Archived