7mm scale bricks

Dieseldo

I was at the large scale show a couple of weeks ago and talking to the owner of an excellent model who had individualy scribed the bricks of his 16mm scale mill in its clay/plaster coating. I said to him it drives me mad doing the same in 7mm, and he said, no need to scrbe them in 7mm scale as you can get a stamp.

Well I can't find a stamp anyware.

Ideas anyone, I'm going blind?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

There is a firm that make a mould out of rubber for brick wall sections in both 4mm and 7mm (about 3" square) you just pour in plaster of paris wait till it dries then remove it. It comes in a box with moulds for the different types of brickwork in both scales, when I remember the name I wil let you know.

Hope this helps you

Alan

I was at the large scale show a couple of weeks ago and talking to the owner of an excellent model who had individualy scribed the bricks of his 16mm scale mill in its clay/plaster coating. I said to him it drives me mad doing the same in 7mm, and he said, no need to scrbe them in 7mm scale as you can get a stamp.

Well I can't find a stamp anyware.

Ideas anyone, I'm going blind?

Hi,

Ive remembered the name of the company, its LINKA and there is a web site.

Alan

Hi,

There is a firm that make a mould out of rubber for brick wall sections in both 4mm and 7mm (about 3" square) you just pour in plaster of paris wait till it dries then remove it. It comes in a box with moulds for the different types of brickwork in both scales, when I remember the name I wil let you know.

Hope this helps you

Alan

• 2 months later...

If you want to print / stamp bricks on clay it's really quite easy to make a stamp tool yourself.

I made a couple of tools to form stone walling and cobblestones in DAS modelling compound for 7mm - see this post on my old 2010 Challenge Thread for the stone walling and post #61 for the setts.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63424

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63429

Hi IC126 I never thought of that, the moulds look good and easy enough to make, looks like I will be nicking some of my wifes femo she uses for her dolls house bits (when she is not looking) and suffer the beating after.

thanks for the tip

Alan

Archived