East Grinstead exhibition 9/10 April

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick plug for this show, to be held at the Sackville School, Lewes Road, E Grinstead RH19 3TY.

I'm there with "South Pimlico" for the layout's penultimate appearance, hope to see a few fellow RMWeb members so make yourselves known!

Here is a complete list of what is attending:-

Acol (OO)

Aldford Brewery (OO)

Avon Junction (OO)

Barsnac (HO)

Bleadon (32mm/7mm)

Empingham (OO)

Epsom Town (S4)

Florida Creek Sidings (OOn3)

Fulton Terminal (HO)

Lyndefeld (OO)

Mere Vita (HO)

Nurnberg Winlkehof (HO)

St.Marks Yard (HO)

South Pimlico (OO)

Steyningdale (N)

Stodmarsh (O)

The Tench (009)

Walworth Road (Gauge 1)

Wantage Tramway (14.2mm gauge/3mm)

Warmington (OO)

Westerham (OO)

Traders include:-

Andy Lynch Railways

Euroscale Models

M & B Models

Martells

Railroad Trading

Ray Morris

Ready to Run Models

Realistic Modelling Services

Woodpecker books

Admission prices are:- Adults £4.50, Concessions £3.50, Children (5-16)£2.50, Children under 5 FREE, and Family (2+2)£11.50

Opening times Saturday 10.00am-5.30pm Sunday 10.00am-4.30pm

Also the Bluebell Railway will be having an open weekend at East Grinstead station with shuttle trains comprising a 4vep being hauled by a class 73 over Hill Place Viaduct to Imberhorne North every half hour.

I will be behind (or underneath) Avon Junction if anyone wants to say hello

Colin.

Yes but will you be going back and forth to Empingham all day

Colin

I doubt it, Colin, because I'm feeling guilty about letting down Tony on the Saturday, because I'm at the Southwark Bridge operating day.

Bill

and I'll be behind Nürnberg Winkelhof on the Sunday (we don't do underneath).

Bill

Also Bill, as I am on nights at work next week, including Friday and Saturday night, there may be another reason as to why I am underneath Avon Junction :rolleyes: See you there

Colin

Here is a complete list of what is attending:-

Acol (OO)

Aldford Brewery (OO)

Avon Junction (OO)

Barsnac (HO)

Bleadon (32mm/7mm)

Empingham (OO)

Epsom Town (S4)

Florida Creek Sidings (OOn3)

Fulton Terminal (HO)

Lyndefeld (OO)

Mere Vita (HO)

Nurnberg Winlkehof (HO)

St.Marks Yard (HO)

South Pimlico (OO)

Steyningdale (N)

Stodmarsh (O)

The Tench (009)

Walworth Road (Gauge 1)

Wantage Tramway (14.2mm gauge/3mm)

Warmington (OO)

Westerham (OO)

Traders include:-

Andy Lynch Railways

Euroscale Models

M & B Models

Martells

Railroad Trading

Ray Morris

Ready to Run Models

Realistic Modelling Services

Woodpecker books

Admission prices are:- Adults £4.50, Concessions £3.50, Children (5-16)£2.50, Children under 5 FREE, and Family (2+2)£11.50

Opening times Saturday 10.00am-5.30pm Sunday 10.00am-4.30pm

Also the Bluebell Railway will be having an open weekend at East Grinstead station with shuttle trains comprising a 4vep being hauled by a class 73 over Hill Place Viaduct to Imberhorne North every half hour.

I will be behind (or underneath) Avon Junction if anyone wants to say hello

Colin.

Apologies to any layout owners whose layout's names I have misspelt, I took the list (and spelling) from East Grinstead MRC's website. Some very good layouts on display at the show. I will be there again today behind Avon Junction if any RM Webbers want to say hello.

Colin

Just back from a whistletop tour. A nice little show spread across 3 rooms.

My fav was Bleadon (all the way from Plymouth too), cracking scenery, lots going on, friendly team and properly lit - allowing handheld snaps with my Fisher price point and shoot....

post-6681-0-03380300-1302447872_thumb.jpg

post-6681-0-35672900-1302447900_thumb.jpg

post-6681-0-13266800-1302447959_thumb.jpg

post-6681-0-18956100-1302447984_thumb.jpg

post-6681-0-73825200-1302448051_thumb.jpg

I agree with Chris about Bleadon, an excellent layout which managed to feature several cameo scenes without being clichéd. There were lots of other very good layouts too, including some nice American ones. However several layouts seemed to be suffering serious reliability problems - on one I don't think I saw a single train run from end to end without stalling or derailing all Saturday, and the operators stopped running anything at all for the last hour. The range of traders would have benefited from more basic materials and tools sellers, with no enamel paint or plastic weld to be had.

Anyway here's a video from Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeCzHYLBvl8

And some photos:

Westerham

A%20071.JPG

Epsom Town

A%20142.JPG

A%20144.JPG

Aldford Brewery

A%20147.JPG

Florida Creek Siding

A%20184.JPG

Acol

A%20173.JPG

A%20331.JPG

St Marks Yard

A%20208.JPG

Empingham

A%20197.JPG

A%20191.JPG

Fulton Terminal

A%20225.JPG

A%20221.JPG

A%20218.JPG

Mere Vista

A%20260.JPG

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Got back home just after 7pm, layout has been quickly put back on its shelves in the garage and I just have the tidying-up to do tomorrow (glad I took the day off).

We (myself & "second man" Iain) both enjoyed the show, and poor old "South Pimlico" behaved itself quite well overall. Nice to see JohnB & ColinW from RMWeb plus various other acquaintances!

One more show to go and it's all over........

Have now recovered from the weekend, we enjoyed it as it gave us a chance to play trains! We also received a lot of nice compliments about Avon Junction. It was nice to meet Colin behind South Pimlico (probably my last time to see it) and bbishop and TonyA behind the German railway stand, and I thought I saw Mr Nevard yesterday afternoon as he was going round. Avon Junction performed reasonably well over the weekend, but we had a couple of gremlins appear and some trucks decided they didn't like being shunted, but they were removed when they were next in the fiddleyard's. They will be worked on before the layout next goes out. Paul, thanks for putting the couple of clips of the layout onto your video.

Colin

Thanks Colin. I've got a few more shots of Avon Junction which I'll upload as a standalone video later.

Looking at some of the shots in my video from East Grinstead, I've been getting a bit frustrated with Youtube's high compression. As an experiment I've also uploaded the video to Vimeo, which seems to show it at much higher quality.

http://vimeo.com/22215233

Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to embed Vimeo clips on RMweb though.

Paul

Thanks Colin. I've got a few more shots of Avon Junction which I'll upload as a standalone video later.

Looking at some of the shots in my video from East Grinstead, I've been getting a bit frustrated with Youtube's high compression. As an experiment I've also uploaded the video to Vimeo, which seems to show it at much higher quality.

http://vimeo.com/22215233

Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to embed Vimeo clips on RMweb though.

Paul

Thanks Paul,I shall look forward to seeing that video

Colin

We (myself & "second man" Pete) both enjoyed the show, and poor old "South Pimlico" behaved itself quite well overall.

One more show to go and it's all over........

Enjoyed the show.

Didn't enjoy the M25 in either direction :angry:

I'll have mixed feelings after South Pimlico's final show. I have enjoyed working with it but it does have fundamental flaws which make it difficult to set up.

Archived