Class 50 colour match

Can any one point me in the direction of a paint to match for the yellow used on Hornby's Class 50 " Achilles".

Mine has taken a knock. Which I have repaired, but I can't seem to locate a match for the rather strange shade of yellow used on the cabs.

Thanks

David

seeing as no one has come up with an exact match, I would suggest that you mix the colour yourself.... Usually a combination of yellow, white and orange will match any RTR yellow. You just need to experiment but will get there in the end. If using Railmatch I would suggest that you start with Warning Panel Yellow and then add small amounts of white and orange until you get to the required shade.

M

seeing as no one has come up with an exact match, I would suggest that you mix the colour yourself.... Usually a combination of yellow, white and orange will match any RTR yellow. You just need to experiment but will get there in the end. If using Railmatch I would suggest that you start with Warning Panel Yellow and then add small amounts of white and orange until you get to the required shade.

M

Thanks for the reply , will give it go.

Thanks David

Archived