Flying Scotsman Train Pack R2888M

nerron

Hattons are listing this,but as yet no photos.The A4 in the pack is Kingfisher (4483) with the number 5331! Does anyone have any further details,in particular the livery of the A4?

Ron, I did a quick Google and came up with a few Ebay items. it seems it is an LNER liveried loco, and 3 New style teak coachs including the Buffet. At 150quid it seems exceptional value. loco looks to be new full spec version not the railroad But the photo's weren't great so I could be wrong on that count!

Having just purchased Silver link I think the other half may kill me if I bought another LNER A4.. (already have SNG, the duck, Sir C. Newton...)

Having just purchased Silver link I think the other half may kill me if I bought another LNER A4.. (already have SNG, the duck, Sir C. Newton...)

Sorry to hear that!

I own 16 Bachmann A4s and 5 of the new Hornby ones and it was my "other half" who paid for the Kingfisher / Rare Bird set. She insisted and of course must be obeyed!

RP

EDIT due to new information:

Wife has purchased 2011 Graham Farish catalogue. This is going to cost me in the end!

This pack was originally produced for Argos and related catalogue companies.

I bought one from Argos just after Christmas in the sale for about £147 I think, it is a very nice pack, similar to the Rare Bird as it contains Kingfisher and 3 Teaks, but these are LNER liveried and include the Buffet Car. The Rare Bird Pack is Early BR, skirting removed and BR Eastern Region lettering on the coaches, which have grey roofs.

I thought this was another A1/A3 trainpack..so soon after the USA one my wallet would be rather stressed :O

Pity we havent had any A4s liveried in the apple green version (the proper one not that hideous version that stops square before the smokebox). Surely if someone can sell a few purple A4s a longer used variant would be more successful??

I might see if theres a decent price for one of these sets out since the teak coaches on their own are a fair cost so picking a loco and three of them is a good deal.

Archived