Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Blog- Copley Hill Works - Inspiration on Ebay

RSS Fetcher

Interesting 0-16.5 Engine

I've been looking at this engine with some interest. It has what I believe is a rivarossi chassis, and bits of a Hornby "Bill" or "Ben" saddletank coupled with some parts from a Dapol Pug kit, and a cab which looks scratchbuilt.

I'm interested. My finger was hovering over the "bid" button.

If I did end up buying it, I'd make some changes to the model - removing the weathering being the first job, maybe adding a few details - and definitely making it an 0-4-2 as opposed 0-4-0.

I had told myself I'd build all the rolling stock for my layout myself, but I'm looking at this little engine and wondering if I have a little corner for it somewhere.

I've a few days to think about it - but if the price goes up any higher, I'm afraid as a poor student, I won't be bidding.

The look of it has inspired me though - surely I could make something that good?

View the full article

Archived