Isle of Wight engineers stock

PatC

One of my pet interests has always been railways on the Isle of Wight and I've started to slowly build a bit of stock in 4mm scale between other projects. Like many on this forum I couldn't resist the Bachmann/Modelzone model of 03 179 and I'll probabaly add 03 079 to the fleet in time. I've started to put together some of the IOW engineers wagons from the 1980s period. My question is about liveries carried by some of the wagons. I have good pictures of the 15T brake van in engineers grey and yellow but can anybody tell me what livery the Dogfish wagons carried? I know that the single ex Iron Ore hopper was in engineers red (Thank you for that one Bachmann, I just need to weather it and add some handrails) but were the Dogfish in the same livery. I know I saw them close up at the Ryderail festival in 1986 but I didn't take photographs. They appear briefly in a Railscene video from the same year but its fleeting and difficult to see if they are the same as the Iron ore wagon. Pictures that I've found on the web (following links off this forum) are useful references but are all b/w. I've got a Cambrian Dogfish kit lined up on the workbench ready.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Patrick

Archived