Virgin MKIII / Mk3 TGS R4278

Moo

Just a brief question....................

Any idea if there'll be a re-run of this item as it seems a bit on the scarce side at the moment!!!!!!!

Keeping an eye on Modelfair and ebay etc but not found one as yet (or just missed the auction!!!!).

Thanx in advance,

Si

• 1 month later...

Anyone else being driven nuts by Hornby's inabililty to get power cars and mk3 coaches synchronised.

It is easy! Normal rake will be 2 or 3 FO, 1 buffet, 4 or 5 SO and a TGS......dial in modeller's licence as many (not me) won't buy a full length rake and Mr Hornby should order approx 2 FO I buffet/kitchen 3 or 4 SO and a TGS for every pair of power cars, HOWEVER add to that WCML sets that are being encouraged by the DVT and Heljan's 86 etc and you might as well order from Kader at least if not more SO and FO and kitchen coaches than you might ever need. I am going berserk trying to tie up rakes........and as for Blue Grey HST power cars don't get me started :help: :help: :help: :help:

Anyone else being driven nuts by Hornby's inabililty to get power cars and mk3 coaches synchronised.

It is easy! Normal rake will be 2 or 3 FO, 1 buffet, 4 or 5 SO and a TGS......dial in modeller's licence as many (not me) won't buy a full length rake and Mr Hornby should order approx 2 FO I buffet/kitchen 3 or 4 SO and a TGS for every pair of power cars, HOWEVER add to that WCML sets that are being encouraged by the DVT and Heljan's 86 etc and you might as well order from Kader at least if not more SO and FO and kitchen coaches than you might ever need. I am going berserk trying to tie up rakes........and as for Blue Grey HST power cars don't get me started :help: :help: :help: :help:

I second all of the above.

I have learnt the hard way that one has to buy the individual locomotives, power cars, driving van trailers and coaches whilst they are avaliable and hey presto after five or so years (if lucky) one may finally have the complete set!

Archived