RMweb

1/24th scale military figures

Barry Ten

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps some of the military modellers know this? I've been looking around the internet for some 1/24th RAF aircrew figures to go with the Hurricane I started a long, long time ago. As far as I can tell there isn't much out there in this scale, but maybe I'm missing something?

Guest stuartp

I had the same problem with a 1/24 Spitfire. I finished up with a box of Tamyia WRC mechanics wearing (hopefully) fairly generic looking overalls, which I still haven't got round to finishing yet. Try asking on Britmodeller.co.uk, if anyone knows they will.

• RMweb Premium

Military figures in the larger scales tend to be classed by size. What you need is 75mm, so try a search on "75mm RAF" and variations. I'm out of touch now but that should help. A quick try brought up this, which should fill the bill:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tompark/clydecast_75mm_series10.htm

No doubt there are others,

Pete

• RMweb Gold

I looked on modelsforsale.com and hannants.co.uk and only found these which I think are the mechanics referred to by Stuartp earlier. I've demilitarised Tamiya 1/48 US and German tank and infantry personnel for my ON30 layout. I'm sure the Tamiya 1/24 mechanics could respond as well to to plastic surgery. Ontracks have some Preiser 1/24 and 1/25 figures but not aircrew..

Tony

Guest stuartp

I looked on modelsforsale.com and hannants.co.uk and only found these which I think are the mechanics referred to by Stuartp earlier.

They look like the ones, thanks. Admittedly they look easier to turn into modern BBMF groundcrew (which is what I wanted) than WW2 ones.

Archived