Heljan "0" class 47 lights

Dmudriver

Hi all. I wonder if anyone can offer any advice on this one, please?

My "0" gauge class 47 had a sound chip and speakers fitted professionally when I bought it. I'm now selling it, but the buyer doesn't want DCC so I'm converting it back to analogue.

The original Class 47 Heljan circuit board was damaged somewhere in the process and I can't use it. So, I used the Heljan circuit board from my Class 37, which I'd converted to DCC.

The motors run correctly and, at first, the lights were pretty much OK - I think there was one that didn't work. As I have carried on testing, all except one white light have stopped working and even that white one flickers when running - in both directions, although brighter in the "proper" direction than in reverse!! [Later - that's now stopped, too!]

I've checked the wiring 3 times and it seems to be OK. I left the plugs on the 37's circuit board when I removed it (I'm now fitting my sound systems myself) and just cut the wires. I've resoldered black to black, red to red.

As the lights have now stopped working, I'm wondering whether there have been changes in the specification of either the bulbs/LEDs or the circuit board components between class 47 and class 37 productions? (apart from the size of the boards). I assumed there hadn't been, but maybe I've been naive!

Any ideas or suggestions about how this could have happened and how to rectify the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Archived