Ixion Manor not running

Hi everyone.

I recently bought one of Ixion's n gauge 'Manor' locomotives. After lubricating the model as instructed, I placed it on the track to run it in but it didn't move when I applied power to the track. I know there was no electrical continuity problem because I was able to run another locomotive around the circuit. After removing the tender moudling as instructed to gain access to the motor, I examined the connections between the pick-up wipers and the motor but there was no loose connection. I then tried to run the locomotive again and it worked until it derailed by running it through a set of points that have been set against it! :rolleyes: After placing it back on the track (and making sure the points were set the right way), I tried running it but again it didn't work. This time, I prodded one of the brushes in the motor a few times with a multimeter which got it working again until I placed it in a servicing cradle to put the tender moulding back on.

Any ideas about what meay be wrong with it?

Matt.

This time, I prodded one of the brushes in the motor a few times with a multimeter which got it working again until I placed it in a servicing cradle to put the tender moulding back on.

Any ideas about what meay be wrong with it?

Sounds like it maye be a problem arounnd the brush holder area. Worth checking this cor conductivity - I think Dapol (it's a Dapol motor) use some sort of glue to ensure the screw in brush retainers don't unscrew - perhaps this is the issue.

If you can narrow it down to a brush holder then I'd unscrew this little grub screw (ultra carefully as it holds the brush and brush spring in!), ensure the thread is clean and reinsert. That would hopefully cure it.

Worth persevering - the Ixion manor is a very nice runner if mine is anything to go by!

Regards,

Alan

Archived