Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Virtual Control Panels

Now that Hornby have announced a mass-market PC /Windows-based layout management system for their DCC products only, isn't it time that potential users should have access to other similar products than Hornby's and, so long as they are free, that they should be allowed webspace in this forum in a category not limited to DCC? Computer-assistance is just as applicable to conventional DC as it is to DCC - the only difference is the protocol of data packets that flow between PC and control equipment additional to standard model railway products e.g. motor amplifiers as used in radio-control e.g. SaberTooth and Input/Output PCB cards with USB sockets e.g. Velleman V140.

I have attached my own homemade software as 2 single self-extracting files within a ZIP file to this posting and, although they need to be treat with caution, being executables and therefore potentially hazardous, if they were known to be harmful it would be in breach of the conditions I have signed up to and so can be regarded as benign unless shown to be otherwise.

John Broadley (MERG M2273)

Archived