RMweb

Bachmann Class 24 Lighting Problem

Hi, I have a couple of standard Bachmann sound class 24's (Loksound V3.5 I think) with directional lighting. Both of them seem to be suffering with the same problem. The lights at one end work as they should with white light (forward) & red light (reverse) but nothing at the other end even when altering direction. I have taken them apart & fitted blanking plug for DC & when tested on DC found both work fine in both directions. I have tried adjusting in CV113 altering the setting from 15 to 0 but it makes no difference other than dimming the lights. I think there must be a setting I am missing any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

silverlink

Silverlink, Sounds as though the body is not fitting correctly when in DCC mode. Have you made any modifications? If the lights work on function F0, when you change direction I assume the lights on the end that work, change from white marker lights to red marker lights. This means that both outputs A and B are working, so there must be a problem with the contacts in the body fitting on to the contacts on the chassis. Or the decoder isn't allowing the body to sit correctly. Give that a go and see how you get on. Tony.

Thanks Tony, I will give it a try. You've given me an idea, I think I will remove body & take out the cab with lights in it & push it down onto the chassis contacts while on track in DCC mode. I did this in analogue & they all worked fine.

Cheers

Ian (silverlink)

Finally got both working, took bodies off first & then took each cab interior which includes the lights & touched them on the chassis terminals. Both ends on both loco's worked fine so refitted bodies making sure they were seated correctly and would you believe it they both worked!!!

Thanks for your help Tony

Cheers

Ian

Archived