Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

CVT Track Components

trisonic

Highly recommended! I'm between layouts currently, but have used it on and off over the past 10 years. Although the plain track has been around since the 70's I think.

I love it for use as really quick and easy to lay pretty good looking plastic based track. I would rate it and ME track as about 80% perfect and both equally as the best two plastic "flex" tracks out there. There are pros and cons that make CV and ME different. The tie plate and spike detail is a bit more uniform and cruder than ME, but it doesn't have the obvious 6 inch repeating "random" tie pattern that ME molded tie sections do. CV is MUCH easier to lay for curves. It weighs heavy for shipping, so I don't suppose much makes it to the UK. You'd get far more feedback from a US based forum, because it's widely used out here.

The turnout options are far greater for CVT, than for ME, and that little specialized track biz way up north of me (Proto:87) has made a whole bunch of improved metal parts for CV turnouts that are quite amazing. But even the basic CV turnout kits are far cheaper and much better looking than making your own ones with PCB ties and a jig. I think someone even blogged about constructing one.

Ted

Archived