Class 37325 Lanarkshire Steel

Hi all,

I've just completed a re-number of 37057 in to 37325 with corrrect plated doors on the noses an all but the many pics i have of her are side on and the roof is totally grimed up! Now i want to model her cleanish so does anyone know or have pics of her with a blue or grey roof? I'm confused as i've just been told she has a blue roof like all the Motherwell tractors had.

Kind Regards, Rick.

Yes, this was one of the many "cheapo" (Glasgow Works) Large Logo Blue, with a blue roof instead of the official Rail Grey

I was considering a renumber of the BachFar 37 TMC, but it may not be possible having now looked at photos of 37325

Guest Max Stafford

John. I've got a couple of photos of the loco from 1988-89. They were ground level shots so might be of limited use. I'll try and get scans of them for you when I get a chance. I don't remember a light grey roof though.

Dave.

Hi guys,

Thankyou for your replys and yes i thought she had a blue roof! Its just most pics you pass her off as having a very dirty rail grey roof but not in this case i'm assured now shes a blue roofed machine thanks again chaps.

Kind Regards, Rick.

That photo of 37108 suggests it was actually black and not blue

I have also checked other Large Logo Blue locos, I can't find any with blue (when clean)

They are either black or rail grey

The majority of 37/4 were rail grey, a small number of Motherwell locos were also grey (suggesting they were overhauled at either Stratford or Crewe), the remainder are black

Another photo of 37108 (again after renumbering from 37325)

http://farm4.static....d2e3be4a0_o.jpg

Hi mjkerr,

So your now thinking they have black roofs??? I'll leave her for now then as really unsure wat colour they were as all pics are showing her/them covered in crud so can't really tell? But it looks like theres a bit of blue above the window on that last link you sent over kida!

Cheers, Rick.

Archived