Need 1950's/60's trucks?

shortliner

very interesting, thanks Jack...I have some [Revell??] Fords which came with either flat or tipper trailers...from way back in the 1980's...[not sure of prototype date/era though]....

I even made a log skeleton trailer....bits of redundant rail, a bogie off some other sort of trailer....and chain from cheapo jewellery [fake gold....loads at church fetes, etc.. ]

All done in a rush for NMRA modules, so not super-detailed, but hey ho?

Ulrich models are real Old Skool - I think Walthers offered them in the early 1960s (before I was born, so you know that was a long time ago)

As usual, our good friends at 1/87 have the info - and indeed, it's Old Skool-cubed:

Manufacturer of 1/87th scale die cast trucks in Ready-to-Roll assembled models and kits. This is the rebirth of the 1950s company founded by Charlie Ulrich. "Ulrich Model Kits" is well known for their Mack Cabover and Kenworth trucks with Fruehauf trailers.
I remember those truck models in the late 1970s Walthers HO Catalog, and they, like Jordon Vehicles, look pretty good when carefully assembled (any large HO layout from the 1970s had at least one Ulrich model, and several Jordans - especially those Mack Bulldog Trucks)

As for alastairq's Ford C-Cabs, I believe the Revells (I had one, with the Auto Transporter) had quad headlights, which according to wiki dates them from 1958-1961. Those models also have been around for a while too - actually, I guess the problem is, like many of the Athearn Blue-Box models and so on, when the Ulrich and Revell trucks were released, they were models of contemporary vehicles - but time just kept moving forward. Wow, I had forgotten that C cabs lasted till 1990 - I do remember there was rejoicing when Athearn released it's model Ford C Cab, but not as much rejoicing as when they released the Mack Model R, which were everywhere in the US during the 1970s/1980s, and are still fairly easy to find.

The 1/87 Vehicle Club is great to browse and find other manufaucturers, and their photo galleries will give you lots of ideas about modeling different vehicles....(Alas, I checked, couldn't find a 1/76 Vehicle Club)

Archived