Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Backfired mickey taking

My better half takes great delight in giving me stick about the hobby and tells anyone and everyone what my shed is gonna be for.It has backfired on her as it turns out within 4 doors of me are 3 other unknown modellers!!!!The look on her face as she found out was priceless LOL!Anyone else had similar experiences?

Sounds like you have got your "own street" model railway club - at least you can have a drink together and just walk home rather than a club a few miles away.

With common interests sounds like you'll have a good relationship with the neighbours.

Yes, my neighbour at my last house was great as, shortly after moving there I found out that he was into railways too.

Not only that but his name was John as well, as was his uncle who lived next door to him and my other neighbour two doors down - it was 'John Street'!

It was a shame to move really as both the neighbours and the neighbourhood were great (Spondon, Derbyshire) but we wanted to be nearer to family!

Unfortunately we now live next door to the village idiot and his family of chavs, D'oh!

At least the neighbour on the other side is fine!

Cheers,

John E.

Quite a few times!

Visiting St Blazey Depot whilst on nights (security checks etc) my crew mate points out to the Night Foreman I am an anorak etc.

Ideal. I get to trundle down to Fowey Docks in the cab of a big choo choo and invited back whilst on rest days to do it again!:yahoo:

He gets to carry out the security checks,......

I was of course enjoying myself!

Archived