which slaters wheels for lima 4f tender

simons9

Hi

I am converting a lima 4f to scale,have stripped everything off the body and superdetailed with a kit i got off ebay! I have fitted a JM chassis with Slaters wheels, but unsure which slatters wheels should be used on the tender chassis, can anyone help at all? I reckon either 7851m or 7851ST. I have previusly been told use 12 spoke 7851M, but 7851m are 10 spoke so a little confused

Many Thanks

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simon,

I used slaters 7851 12 spoke wheels on a JM models tender chassis kit I aquired.

Hope this helps you

Alan

Hi

I am converting a lima 4f to scale,have stripped everything off the body and superdetailed with a kit i got off ebay! I have fitted a JM chassis with Slaters wheels, but unsure which slatters wheels should be used on the tender chassis, can anyone help at all? I reckon either 7851m or 7851ST. I have previusly been told use 12 spoke 7851M, but 7851m are 10 spoke so a little confused

Many Thanks

Simon

Hi

Many Thanks

Simon

Others have answered your question, so I'll ask you about the chassis conversion kit. I also have a JM conversion kit for my Lima 4F, and I'm wondering if you compensated the chassis. I'm looking at his tender chassis, and I really don't like his method of compensating, so I'm thinking of using his hornblocks/bearing setup for the tender, and getting Slaters hornblocks for the loco.

Did you use his compensation method? If so, what do you think of it?

Thanx!

Archived