Invitation to the seaside

jasond

Hi all, an intro and an invitation. I'm Jason Dickie, modelling D&H 1970/80s in o-scale for a long time. I've managed to get some of the members of the Morecambe & Heysham MRC interested in o-scale, so much so that we're stepping up the number of N American Open Days through this summer (till October) to every 2nd Sunday. Running on the biggest club layout (British too!) in the Northwest - 29 times round the 4-track circuit is a real mile - long trains/m-u locos welcome.

We're about 20 mins from J34 of the M6 (your journey time may vary) or Morecambe station is a 10-minute stroll. The prom with market, ice-cream, beach, open-top bus, etc is 4 mins by car from the clubroom, which was built as a rock factory (US-readers: candy not cooled minerals, I forget what the correct American word is).

Details on our website Morecambe & Heysham MRC

I've also imported US O-scale stuff over the years as Quince Valley Designs. Along with Atlas (good stocks of track), Weaver, KDs, wheels and other parts, I'm a Sunset dealer and I get second-hand items with a good selection of books in at the moment. I will make a supreme efort and get a list of them onto my site which is well out of date just now.

Projects: 2-railing a Williams E7A-A set, 2-railing a Bombardier double-deck 4-car set, putting Loksound into a NJCB Alco RS3, cutting down an Atlas 3-bay 4427cu ft hopper to 2-bays, the list is long....

Jason

I must try and get up North next time I'm over! I get irritated by having to spend 90% of my time around London on visits (and I love London dearly - specially from 4500 miles away)!

Thanks very much for joining the Group. I do hope to visit soon.

Best, Pete.

Archived