GER, Mill Road Halt

Sam '43003' Tanner

• 1 month later...

Just a little update..

Mill Road Halt is being downgraded to a "Based on.." status. Trying to pick out the finer details is something I can focus on at a later date.

Progress: I have a basic shell for the "Waiting Room" knocked up. The next stage is to detail it and paint it up. Which leads on to a plea..

What colors might this strucuture have been.? I'm bordering on giving it a Col. Stephens "Green and Cream" blast, but I'd prefer an opinion first. :D

Thnks guys & girls.

The green & cream schedule was introduced in 1937 to replace the LNER brown & light stone colours. Obviously the more prestigious places got repainted first, and the war put paid to it until cessation of hostilities. Not sure when it restarted, but, it's been suggested that most , but not all, stations were repainted by Nationalisation. A small unimportant halt might well have still been in the brown & light stone colours in the early 50s. The actual colours are here:

http://www.stationcolours.info/index.php?p=1_4_LNER

As Adrian suggests, such an insignificant halt might not have been repainted until later on in it's life. Mill Road itself closed to passengers on 15th September 1952, so it may have retained it's original colours throughout it's 30 year life, having opened on 18th December 1922. That would answer your question a little bit Simon. I'd probably look it dating the diorama around the early years of nationalisation.

Archived