RMweb

Hello

BS4Boy

Hi
I have been away from model railways for about 28 years and always intended to return and although I do not really have the space or the time, I have decided now is the time to start in a small way to getting back into my first love of railway modelling. I have a lot of catching up to do but was pleasantly surprised to see many familiar companies still in the game, but unfortunately fewer (only 1) retail stores locally.
I had always modelled in OO in the past but will be looking to go down the route of EM or possibly P4 but as I have never used these gauges I would be very grateful if somebody could tell me if or how difficult it is to convert ready to roll locomotives.
I have only a couple of old locos, and some remaining bits of scratch built structures and kits from my last layout, which was base loosely on 1950`s branch line in North Devon. (Ex GWR.) I enjoy both steam and diesel. I have plans to model periods in the 80`s 60`s and at some point the 1900`s. I am not such a purist for particular prototype modelling but I aim to get as accurate as is possible within practical means. My main aim is to capture the spirit of what I will be modelling.

Welcome to the forum.

For converting RTR to EM/18.83 try using the search function, if it can be done someone on here will have done it!

Joining the EM gauge society would also be worthwhile as they produce info sheets on converting locos.

Archived