Hintons Modern image layout

lordhinton

well this is my fist attempt at a layout. (well second because i have started track laying in the loft but thats a different story)

heres what i have so far

DSC03567.jpg

this is the track plan with all tracks leading off the picture.

DSC03566-1.jpg

this is the right hand side of the layout, i plan for this to be a refueling point.

DSC03565.jpg

and this is the shed side.

the layout control will be DC and the points will only be hand controlled as the layout is made out of ready brought

resources from the loft and previous sets.

the layout is 00 scale

comments welcome smile.gif

UPDATE! well last night around 2 in the morning i could not get sleep because of exams today so i decided to get up and build this out of match sticks. :)

the fueling point

does anyone know what i can use for the pumps?

DSC03570.jpg

09019 takes on fuel

DSC03569.jpg

stobart rail 66411 leaves

DSC03568.jpg

and just a close up...

comments and criticizm please!!!

have a look on ebay sometimes tou can get get parts etc for other kits - im not sure you can get pumps on there own - looks like the start of a good layout though similar to a tmd i started building

ill have a look at some petrol pumps from somewhere, but the whole layout is built without buying anything so ill look for something square.

UPDATE!!

well had fun over the past few days brought a couple of new engines, a lima 92 for£25 which really isnt bad :), bit bad runner so stripped and cleaned now runs great :) and a Bachmann class 08 in br blue :) also compleated the backscenes and filled in the gaps in the ballast that i layed....

IMG_1553.jpg

the 92, i have added my own coupling modification to this for better looks.

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

and the new 08, i like this engine alot but give it 7/10 because of lack of detail from Bachmann and the poor running over insulfrog points but nonetheless its an 08 so it will be kept (plans for every livery :D)

IMG_1552.jpg

the shunters, class 09 then 2 08s next up an ews 08 or 09

wide1.png

and last but not least the view across the whole layout so far .

enjoy :)

dan

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! for the last few days i have been thinking that the shed does not look right up close to the wall so i have decided to add an extra square foot the layout. this improves quite alot and makes it look alot bigger.

IMG_1977.jpg

66952 on shed

IMG_1975-1.jpg

the extra foot, stobart rail engine is on the line that may lead to a fiddle yard, but im not too sure yet

IMG_1976.jpg

and one because i like it!

dan

does anyone know what i can use for a backscene that is virtually free?

Archived