S&D Ivatt 4F/4MT 2-6-0 43036 BR Livery

I had asked this on the S&D forum previously - can anyone help?

I'm still trying to get confirmation of the BR livery of Ivatt 2-6-0 43036 whilst it was allocated to Bath shed 1949-53.

I know that Bath's 43013/17 were in plain black with BRITISH RAILWAYS on the tender but I can't find any pictures of 43036.

I've found pictures of 43024/5/7/9/32 from 1949-52 all of which were in BR lined black with BRITISH RAILWAYS on the tender. Was 43036 in the same livery?

Ian

Ian, if you have Ivo Peter's book "Somerset & Dorset, An English Country Railway", plate 28 will give you the answer.

It shows 2P 40634 piloting 46036 through Lyncombe Vale on a Sheffield to Bournemouth working in September 1950 and the

Doodlebug is in................................ Lined Black with British Railways on the tender. You can sleep tonight.

Jim

Thanks Jim! I've got four of Ivo Peters' S&D books but not that one!

So I'll just need to change the small BR lion and wheel emblem on my Bachmann model of "43038" to BRITISH RAILWAYS and one digit of the number to make 43036 correct for the S&D area.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian but I can't really take any of the credit. CCTRANSUK (John Isherwood) has compiled a list of S&D locos

that details the various colour schemes, crests and tenders they carried during their time on the line. He seems to

have sourced the bulk of the information from close study of S&D themed books and against each entry he cross refers

to that particular book. As he sent me a copy a year or so ago, it wasn't too difficult for me to look up that loco,

go to that particular book and find the confirmation you needed.

Jim

Archived