Hi all,

About 2 yrs ago,i asked wether JV catenery was still available,well,apparently it is here, www.marnoltd.co.uk/products.html

Although i now model in N,I found a Demo set that i got from Hadley Hobbies in Middlesex st.east London,long gone i`m afraid.

however,I`ve posted this as it may interest some of you as it was an accurate representation of BR equipement.

Ray

About 2 yrs ago,i asked wether JV catenery was still available,well,apparently it is here, www.marnoltd.co.uk/products.html

Although i now model in N,I found a Demo set that i got from Hadley Hobbies in Middlesex st.east London,long gone i`m afraid.

however,I`ve posted this as it may interest some of you as it was an accurate representation of BR equipement.

Well, just about, if you're happy using somewhat chunky plastic masts which bend under tension.

More interesting is their address - 24 New Cavendish St, only 10 doors away from the now defunct W & H Models. Presumably this is just a coincidence?

Well, just about, if you're happy using somewhat chunky plastic masts which bend under tension.

More interesting is their address - 24 New Cavendish St, only 10 doors away from the now defunct W & H Models. Presumably this is just a coincidence?

Yes,I thought that but the old W&H models was at no 7,the shopfront was unmistakable having spent many a Thursday afternoon going to that shop in the early 60`s when i lived in London.

On your other point,i don`t know which ones you were looking at,out of interest,i dug out out my trial pack & there was nothing thick or bendy on them & the catenary is very fine soldered brass wire,I used to run a Lima cl.86 or 87 under it collecting current from the pantograph but to wire up the whole layout in those days was a bit too expensive.

Cheers,Ray.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in passing, that W & H firm - sadly missed - had a remarkable history.

Properly they were Walkers and Holtzapfel, and had provided hobby equipment

(including an excellent small lathe) and materials for a vast range of gentlemens hobbies in the Victorian period. The staff in the 1960s knew nothing about this at all!.

Just in passing, that W & H firm - sadly missed - had a remarkable history.

Properly they were Walkers and Holtzapfel, and had provided hobby equipment

(including an excellent small lathe) and materials for a vast range of gentlemens hobbies in the Victorian period. The staff in the 1960s knew nothing about this at all!.

Yes,I remember buying a K`s 63xx kit from the Paddington St shop in about 1960.

Archived