Blandford Camp

As the main layout of Blandford nears an acceptable completion (ish), thoughts are now turning to another project. Something a little more specialized - Blandford Camp a small line in use regularly for just under 3 years, 1919-1921, but photos are a rare a rocking-horse doings, but we are undeterred, but if anyone has any - please let us know :D .

A new web-site is under construction for the Town Museum in which the railway will have a large part (hopefully), will post when ready. Also a new book is in production that may well be in 2 parts.

Paul - might be worth checking up at the Camp for past photos via their museum (?) though I'm sure you've already done this). When I was a nipper in the early 60s my father took me with him to a Remembrance Day Service/piss-up in the Sergeants Mess at the Camp. Whilst lingering at the camp we were in an open building which someone mentioned had been part of the old "station"!. That's all I can help you with unfortunately. Before the viaduct was demolished you could just trace the rail route for a short way when it broke away from the main line buut no photos I'm afraid.

Geoff

Went there many times with the school CCF, but cannot remember anything remotely useful. Didn't even know of there ever being a railway there - I would be interested in anything you finally put together in a book or model form. Good luck with the project.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for your replies geoffers & kenton, to answer you geoffers, contact has been made with the camp but without much success - just suffice to say bear with us, and watch this space - but don't expect anything too soon :D .

Archived