Model shop in Whitby?

narrowman

I'm off on another of my coach tours next week - this time a "Hearbeat" tour to Pickering and Whitby. I assume Puffers is still around in Pickering, but are there any model railway or model shops in Whitby? It has to be in the town as there won't be enough time to wander about.

Regards,

Tony (narrowman)

I'm off on another of my coach tours next week - this time a "Hearbeat" tour to Pickering and Whitby. I assume Puffers is still around in Pickering, but are there any model railway or model shops in Whitby? It has to be in the town as there won't be enough time to wander about.

Regards,

Tony (narrowman)

Last time I was there, there was a Toymaster by the swing bridge which sold a small selection of Hornby stuff. There was also a shop on Skinner or Silver Street (forget which) that sold second-hand stuff; diecast but some railway stuff if I recall correctly. There was also a very small shop in the Market place selling lots of old stuff but can't remember if he had any railway items; not far from the Lifeboat station.

Same you can't go that little further as there is TMC at Beckhole (about 7-8 miles from Whitby) and The Train Shop in Scarborough.

Hope this helps

Chris

Same you can't go that little further as there is TMC at Beckhole (about 7-8 miles from Whitby) and The Train Shop in Scarborough.

Wow, the amount of times (the last 2 weeks ago!) I've walked through Beckhole and I never new TMC were there blink.gif

Puffers in Pickering is still there. As is Toymaster in Whitby and the 'Collectors' shop in the market square. Due to sheltering from the heavy rain and a walk up the steps to the Abbey, there wasn't enough time to get to the one by the Lifeboat museum. Real train wise, there was a Jubilee at Pickering en route to Whitby. Hightlight being at Goathland ("Aidensfield") with the return of the Jubilee and a crossing of an ex-SR loco hauled train, which we later saw on the part of the NYMR line that features at the end of 'Heartbeat'. Coach trip to Scarborough at the end of the month, so a visit to the Train Shop is on the cards then...

Tony

Hi Tony,

I was there about a month ago, I have 17,000kms to get there if I visit again (In Australia), but I went to Grosmont Station and there was a shop opposite the station, one in the Engine Shed with some second hand items and there was a shop mainly NYMR items on the station platform opposite the Signal Box.

Mark in OZ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived