Which 6X1 (Was an homage to someone else's layout)

Tony Davis

Thanks for all the advice on the original topic. Since then I have aquired a mainline warship and an Hornby Class 37 (£25.00 for both at the car boot, the Class 37 hadn't been out of the box) and adding those to the Hymek in my collection has pointed me in the required time zone, as for layout well, space constraints mean I am really limited to 6X1 and having looked at the free trackplans site have seen two that appeal,; Diesel Depot and City Freight. My question really is, and based on your experiences, which one of the two would give the most appeal running wise? I am building a separate Inglenook (5-3-3) for the little shunter I have, if that affects any suggestions.

Many thanks

Tony

Originally you mentioned 6x2, is that no-longer doable?

6x1 is pretty tight for OO, you could have a behind the scenes fiddle yard of about 3 feet long but that would then need a similar headshunt.

I'm thinking goods would be more fun to operate and a bit more depth would make the layout more interesting.

Originally you mentioned 6x2, is that no-longer doable?

6x1 is pretty tight for OO, you could have a behind the scenes fiddle yard of about 3 feet long but that would then need a similar headshunt.

I'm thinking goods would be more fun to operate and a bit more depth would make the layout more interesting.

I could probably just about squeeze a 6x2 layout in the room I have (reluctantly) been "allowed" to have, so if you have an addition to suggest for one of the layouts (with a Trackplan if poss) I would be grateful.

Archived