Hattons - exemplary service

Tim Hale

Hattons seem to be the first choice for many on RMWeb and whilst I do not wish to get into the pro's and con's of mail order vs local model shops, I would like to describe my experience of buying from this retailer.

Friday a.m. 'phoned to ask for stock check before placing an order. Very helpful response plus I was asked if my new order would replace my reserved order for a similar product (nice thoughtful touch) and I confirmed that I no longer required the items but I still wanted the Bachmann 3F.

Saturday a.m. a large, discrete cardboard box left in my 'safe place' by Royal Mail resulting in a very happy customer due to wonderful efficient service by both Hattons and Royal Mail.

Thanks to both Hattons and Pat (and his cat)

Tim

Guest Max Stafford

Glad it went well Tim. I have had plenty of excellent service from Hattons, often with 'next day' service. I ordered some coaches on Saturday afternoon last. I have been advised today of their despatch and arrival is confidently expected tomorrow!

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add my latest experience. I have lived i Queensland now for 40 years and used Hattons for most of that time and I feel that they have moved their service up to yet another level. I ordered the new Bachmann green 2-EPB, after receiving their notification email. The order was placed Thursday morning Brisbane time and the unit was running on the layout the following Wednesday morning. I opted, as always for Royal Mail, rather than the "let's go via New Zealand Citylink"! As the title of this thread says, exemplary service indeed. Now I really must get around to installing the 3rd rail!

post-3148-0-60709900-1309371361_thumb.jpg

Archived