Trams in Latin America

Neil

• RMweb Premium

My recent model making projects seem to have a tramway theme or connection, though none have been of the traditional UK street running city centre pattern. While researching narrow gauge Koppel electric locos for my latest Welsh project I stumbled across a marvellous site covering tramways in Latin America. Though the bit that interests me most is the section on Bolivia, I'd suggest that the best page to start is this entry to the Cuban section, where the links to other countries come at the top of the page.

Enjoy.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting stuff, must resist the temptation to think about a little side project....

That's what I initially thought; guess what's happened since then.

The problem for me is I can look at some of the images (from La Paz, for example), and think "Hmmm, that Tram looks like a Tyco or Shortened Bachmann, or the front of that GE electric could use bits from the Cannonball kit. I do like to visit places I model, and can see that being a problem...

• RMweb Premium

.... I do like to visit places I model, and can see that being a problem...

I could see that getting quite expensive. Puts all the stuff about the cost of models, entry to exhibitions etc well and truly into perspective. Fortunately Mrs R and myself are can't fly, won't fly so unless it's a slow boat to South America it's not a problem I'll encounter. Anyway here's my take, so far, on one of the Koppel electrics to be seen in Cochabamba.

post-6793-0-06934900-1308303575_thumb.jpg

Archived