Ilkeston Road

Heinz57

Hi all,

This is my current layout.

http://ilkeston-road.webs.com/

It is a present day layout, based upon an imaginary TMD and station somewhere in the midlands. It's just over a year old. It did reach a stage I was happy to call 'finished' but then after taking it to a show I decided there was alot more I'd like to do to it. So it is now quite a way off completed. I have just this week finished a complete re-wiring of the layout. Not because it didn't work before. But because the wire I used was too thin, it kept snapping and causing me problems. So I've re-done it with thicker stuff.

The layout is portable and lives in my garage. It's only just over a year old but its already been to one show. There is a second show confirmed and a third on the cards.

I currently have the following projects in the pipeline for the layout:

Lighting, and lots of it!

A 4ft extension consisting mostly of a fiddle yard but will also include an additional 7" added to the raised scenic area

Adding a road bridge that will cross over the TMD. The roadway will connect to the existing road on the raised area

Adding a bus station (Bus station kit currently under construction. I'm using the old Corgi/Metcalfe Victoria Coach Station kit)

Re-laying the road - This is will tie in with the road bridge. The first reason is I've never been fully happy with the current road, secondly the pavements are too wide, and thirdly with the addition of the bridge and bus station, the road layout needs to be altered slightly

So that's my layout, tell me what you think!

Heinz

Archived