Heljan container terminal 89001

Hi I wonder if I could get any help out of you clever bunch, I was given for xmas last year, yes im that lucky a Heljan container terminal which has worked fine for well as long as I have received it more or less then the other day while i was trying to lift a container it stopped the container fell and lost all magnetism then i was winding the lifter up so not to cause any damage to anything I thought but as i was winding it ground to a halt and will not budge so I have left it so I havn't touched it earlier this month we (me and mum) contacted rails of Sheffield were it was purchased and they said contact Heljan so we emailed Heljan and it nearly being a fortnight we still haven't heard anything please could somebody help? Many Thanks Richard :(

Another retailer cop out.

According to the Sale of Goods Act your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer. So assuming its still in warranty you need to chase it up with Rails.

Yes it's is still within warranty just so we will be contacting Rails then :(

• 1 year later...

Richard -

Lost magmetism might be thr problem. check the two wire plug at the container lifting device. the nagmet connection might be loose.

If I may, I would like to join your group. I purchased our container terminal over a year ago for my Model railroad club. After about three sessions, the Trolly refused to lower or raise the loads. We obtained the Trouble shooting instructions and tooktthe trolly apart inaccordnce with the instructions. The lifting cords had become tangled. The fix lasted about a week. We decided to return the trolly to Walthers, the US dealer. They had it for about two months. Upon return, the new trolly lasted about two weeks (probably no more than an hour of actual use.) There seems to be now way to contact Heljan for help. The current trolly is now on my work bench disassembled. The motor & all gears work, the cables can be moved by hand. The moter will lower the magmet but will not raise it.

Any one else with a simllar problem?

Perhaps someone our there can help me with what is now refered to as "Sven's Folly."

Sven

Archived