Backdrop structure

Hi everyone,

I have a small space about 3x16inch for a backdrop structure, i would like to kit bash a kit to fit the for my USA based ho scale csx & ns layout. I need ideas, i want something that can supply different types of traffic and give me loads of switching!!

I already have a grain elevator and a corn syrup trans-loading building '

thanks for reading and hope u can help

If you want lots of varied switching then a Team Track is the answer, You could put a ramp on there at one unloading spot if needed, and do direct transloading to other industries via road transport as well. 16" will give you around a couple of spots available. Weeds and bushes - see the scenery thread, along the backscene - with a photo flat on the backscene behind them, will disguise the background space. You'll find lots of examples in the overseas, and USA/Canada, threads on here. It will also give you the oportunity to use some US road vehicles and forklifts. Have some rubbish on there too, discardes paper and boxes. I suggest a look at Alcanmans CSX Palmetto thread for some inspiration http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/32683-csx-palmetto-spur/

• 4 weeks later...

If you want lots of varied switching then a Team Track is the answer, You could put a ramp on there at one unloading spot if needed, and do direct transloading to other industries via road transport as well. 16" will give you around a couple of spots available. Weeds and bushes - see the scenery thread, along the backscene - with a photo flat on the backscene behind them, will disguise the background space. You'll find lots of examples in the overseas, and USA/Canada, threads on here. It will also give you the oportunity to use some US road vehicles and forklifts. Have some rubbish on there too, discardes paper and boxes. I suggest a look at Alcanmans CSX Palmetto thread for some inspiration http://www.rmweb.co....-palmetto-spur/

Thanks for the help!

Archived