Hornby Royal Scot : Speedo drive

Blobrick

• RMweb Premium

Hi chaps

I am wondering if any one has had the same problem? I ve just acquired a Hornby Roaal Scot. 4-6-0. Upon opening the box, I found that the Speedo drive cable has come adrift from the body. My question is, where does this attach?. I ve looked at the body and there appears to be a shallow slot near the firebox which appears to has traces of glue around it. However if the cable is attached at this point surely that would make taking the body off all the more difficult. I would have thought it was better to have a slot that the tag on the end of the speedo drive cable could then be detatched as required. If anyone has has similar problems I d love to hear their comments

Regards

Bob.C

Hi chaps

I am wondering if any one has had the same problem? I ve just acquired a Hornby Roaal Scot. 4-6-0. Upon opening the box, I found that the Speedo drive cable has come adrift from the body. My question is, where does this attach?. I ve looked at the body and there appears to be a shallow slot near the firebox which appears to has traces of glue around it. However if the cable is attached at this point surely that would make taking the body off all the more difficult. I would have thought it was better to have a slot that the tag on the end of the speedo drive cable could then be detatched as required. If anyone has has similar problems I d love to hear their comments

Regards

Bob.C

The spedo cable should be attached to the body, you will then need the small spanner to remove the cable from the wheel if you want to take the body off.

Yup its a silly design gluing it on to the body. You either have to snap the glue or unscrew the other end from the wheel. I would have thought there could have been a way to bracket the 'body' end off the chassis somehow hidden under the cab/running plate.

I fitted a decoder to one for my dad and it was an annoying discovery. Mind you the motor keeps popping out of its bracket on that one too and trying to strip the gears..

Archived