Westfall

KingmoorTMD

No problem josh, happy to help, i think that the double slip is definatly to much in the fiddle yard, in regards to the baseboard, is the board going to have another top cover on it as i think the holes will cause you problems with ballest etc, and is it to be 2 levels??? the exiting layout and the new piece???

Cheers

Neil

No problem josh, happy to help, i think that the double slip is definatly to much in the fiddle yard, in regards to the baseboard, is the board going to have another top cover on it as i think the holes will cause you problems with ballest etc, and is it to be 2 levels??? the exiting layout and the new piece???

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil

I am going to fill in the holes before i do the ballasting. no its going to be one 1 level only as the TMD board will be a L shape as it will have the fiddle yard on it.

Josh

Hi Neil

I am going to fill in the holes before i do the ballasting. no its going to be one 1 level only as the TMD board will be a L shape as it will have the fiddle yard on it.

Josh

Hi Neil

After your comment "Is it going to be 2 levels" I had a brainwave!!!! :) . I have decided to have the station on a upper level with a lower level tmd and a high and low level fiddle yard. I since went out to the shed and constructed the lower level baseboard.

post-8129-0-35330600-1308524329_thumb.jpg

post-8129-0-03264000-1308524358_thumb.jpg

post-8129-0-38307500-1308524385_thumb.jpg

post-8129-0-50334000-1308524409_thumb.jpg

Josh

Thats a very nice thing to have delivered to your door!

How much did the original layout cost?

There doesnt seem to be much left at the moment,will be interesting to see it rebuilt.

Regards

Lewis

Hi Lewis

Yes its a nice layout and was £100 delivered to me. I am debating weather or not to sell it though. Since buying it I have redone all the frame work to exhibition standard and I am in the process of rebuilding it.

Josh

£100 was a good price considering it would cost more than that to build. I like the industrial backscene with the cooling towers,do you or anyone else know who makes this?

Hi

Gaugemaster GM706 - Z / N / HO / OO / O Scales

Josh

Hi Josh, nice woodwork there, im guessing from the photos you have decided to keep the layout as it is and just renew the fascias and fit point motors and decoders and upgrade the layout to dcc??

Cheers

Neil

Hi Josh, nice woodwork there, im guessing from the photos you have decided to keep the layout as it is and just renew the fascias and fit point motors and decoders and upgrade the layout to dcc??

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil

Thanks very much. Yes after a lot of thinking I decided to keep the track plan the same and just renew all the woodwork and fit tortoise point motors and a lenz decoder. I am however going to build a 2ft x 2ft fiddle yard to add to it and remover the piece of track that acts as a sector plate. Watch this space :)

Josh

That sounds like a good plan Josh, and the extended fiddle yard will give you better running value, what are you going to do with the scenics??

Neil

Hi Neil

Yes I agree it will add a better running value. The scenics will be very similar but I want it to look modern image so I think I am going to scratch build some modern platforms. The brittish rail van will get replaced with a Network rail van. I will get some pics when I get started on the scenics next week.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh, I see the layout is on ebay, have you given up on the project ?

Craig.

Hi Craig.

Yes I have given up on it so I can build a TMD layout. I will swap it for some Bachmann 66s or lima or Bachmann 37s if you have any.

Josh

Archived