D.A. model engineering

Webbo

Hi all

Are D.A. model engineering still active as I have tried all sorts of avenues to find their kits. Having built some of them I was very impressed with the way they went together and the detail they contained. My problem is, I have been out of modelling for a few years and am trying to catch up with some of the better kits. I have built some of Jim Mcgowens brass and ABS white metal kits but I wondered if D.A are still on the go.

Many thanks in advance

Alan (Webbo)

If by DA you mean David Andrews then he is still making very good kits, they go together easily and make into fine models, I have built three and found them fairly easy to build, except for the tender of City class (GWR) not my main region, SR, but I travelled behind it many times in the early 1960's so had to have one. Would also second Jims kits as have built three and they almost fell together certainly the best kits for a begineer, the polly I made into a SR C14 with outside valve gear, runs quite well but with only 4 wheels is easily stoped by dirty wheels/track.

regards

mike g

Hi all

Are D.A. model engineering still active as I have tried all sorts of avenues to find their kits. Having built some of them I was very impressed with the way they went together and the detail they contained. My problem is, I have been out of modelling for a few years and am trying to catch up with some of the better kits. I have built some of Jim Mcgowens brass and ABS white metal kits but I wondered if D.A are still on the go.

Many thanks in advance

Alan (Webbo)

It was started by Don Davidson in 1984/5 [the D A referring to his first & middle names]and he then sold the range to P & D Marsh and they then sold it to RJH Model Railways and it was sold again when they ceased trading. Brian has filled in the current ownership details & link.

Regards,

David Parkins,

Modern Motive Power

Archived