Golden Arrow 'Boscastle'

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is in the right topic forum, as I'm a new member, but it seems to cover my question, so here goes.

My kids very kindly bought me a Hornby Golden Arrow set, with a Spam Can westcountry loco 'Boscastle'.

The contents of the set are lovely, pullman coaching stock & a fine example of an unrebuilt westcountry loco.

My only problem is that the loco has a large 3D arrow attached to either side, & a 'Golden Arrow' headcode plate.

Hornby have obviously taken a standard westcountry loco & added the details as an after market idea.

As I model predominately west country 'withered arm' stuff, I have a use for the loco, but not the Golden Arrow additions.

Can anyone tell me how I can safely remove these appendages without causing damage to the loco bodywork?

They are fairly fragile plastic affairs, & ideally I don't really want to just go hacking at them with handtools!

I've had an experimental 'pull & push' session with no luck, so if anyone has faced this problem before, your guidance would be really welcome.

And yes, before you say it, I should be really grateful to have such generous kids, but if you don't tell them, then neither will I !!

Thanks guys, looking forward to your solutions hopefully

Archived