Romantische Eisenbahn

AMJ

A friend has got their TV tuned in so that they can view many of the European channels and they often record programmes from this series. Even though I only got an O level in German back in 1986 I can often pick up the gist of what is being said.

http://www.swr.de/eisenbahn-romantik/

They produce many great progs. I know that they are not of German Railways but I have copies of the excellent progs on the Darjeeling line and the Nilgiri.

A friend has got their TV tuned in so that they can view many of the European channels

So have I. I haave a set top box for german programs. You can get these for various individual countries networks. They usually come with a package of all sorts of other programs as well. I don't know if Bahn TV still operates but this used to have some good programs. The only problem is that it is difficult to find out when any thing good is coming on. Romantische Eisenbahn is certainly worth watching. I have a recording of the program on the overhaul of 18 201. It contains scenes such as rolling the boiler. Just like making an etched brass kit on a larger scale.

Bernard

I agree, these are really good programmes. Odd that with all the UK channels, we do not have anything similar.

A good programme guide for German TV is available here :-

www.tvtv.de

The Eisenbahn Romantik programmes can be found under "Regional", SWR are the producers, so all new episodes are shown on this channel. They are repated on most of the others at various times.

Gute Fernsehen!

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived