24" round Oleo sprung buffers

Kean-Maygib also make (or at least made) them but like Gibsons they are adjusted by bending the shaft over. I think that they are a nicer product, a little shorter and chunkier with a lip on the end of the housing. Like most KM bits they are quite difficult to find these days.

Are you sure about the lip Paul? The set I had in an old Impetus kit certainly didn't have one - a quick glance through prototype pictures suggests that lips/flanges of that sort weren't all that common on the real thing. Back to the OP: apart from those two, you're on your own I think. Neither A1, nor Markits do/have done anything similar so far as I know.

Adam

I thought I'd better double check Adam!

Here's a packet of KM buffers bought earlier this year;

post-6749-0-31227800-1309121661_thumb.jpg

And a comparison between Kean- Maygib (on the left) and Gibson (on the right);

post-6749-0-03899800-1309121673_thumb.jpg

Both types have square bases which may need filing rectangular to suit the prototype.

I hadn't even thought about checking buffer housing on the prototype for a lip or flange, I will now though!

Kean-Maygib also make (or at least made) them but like Gibsons they are adjusted by bending the shaft over. I think that they are a nicer product, a little shorter and chunkier with a lip on the end of the housing. Like most KM bits they are quite difficult to find these days.

Where can I purchase the Kean-Maygib, KM 446, 22" Industrial Locomotive Buffers. I've searched the internet and can't find anyone who carries them. I live in the U.S. and I model WD 0-6-0ST Austerities in NCB and Industrial use, by converting Airfix, Dapol and Hornby J94's.

Where can I purchase the Kean-Maygib, KM 446, 22" Industrial Locomotive Buffers. I've searched the internet and can't find anyone who carries them. I live in the U.S. and I model WD 0-6-0ST Austerities in NCB and Industrial use, by converting Airfix, Dapol and Hornby J94's.

Try Branchlines, my last set came from their exhibition stand.

You'll probably have to e-mail them as their web page is in the form of a blog and their catalogue a series of downloads.

Archived