Darjeeling Himalaya Railway Blue Paint

• RMweb Gold

Hi - we have just bought a 5" Gauge steam loco and my son wants it repainted in DHR blue livery. Does anyone know of a paint supplier who produces this (or a very close) colour.

I think that DHRS no longer stock this. Looking on Howes they only seem to list some of the UK railway colours in the RailMatch list.

I am experimenting with various acrylic paints to find a decent match for my NDM6. As Tindharia mixes and buys paint in batches there do seem to be various shades of blue in use.

Perhaps have a chat with the guys at Roundhouse as they do a B class that can be supplied in DHR blue. It might be a car colour.

I'd be interested to hear of your findings on this. I have also tried in vain to source the Railmatch DHR paint. I've used Precision P279 - Railtrack Wagon Blue as a starting point before and this is ok - a touch too dark but the scaling could be playing a part here.

The Railmatch DHR Blue was available through the DHR Society at some stage and I think it may have been an exclusive to them.

As its been said whats rolled out of Tindharia works has never been the exact shade of blue, if it looks right then it is!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived