If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Zimo MX644D decoders

CovDriver

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick question to anybody out there ?

Has anybody had any trouble with the new ZImo MX644D decoders I have just recieved one that was loaded up with class 56 sounds and after putting it onto my chassis it would not work at all no sounds and no movement whats so ever I've tried it in three different chassis to check to see if I was at fault but it still refused to work.

Ive tried to contact Digitrains by phone but no answer !!:help:

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for the info but I've tried that and it's still not working ? I'll try calling digitrains again tomorrow and see if there's any joy !!

Colin (cov guard)

Many thanks for the info but I've tried that and it's still not working ? I'll try calling digitrains again tomorrow and see if there's any joy !!

Colin (cov guard)

Just a quick question to anybody out there ?

Has anybody had any trouble with the new ZImo MX644D decoders I have just recieved one that was loaded up with class 56 sounds and after putting it onto my chassis it would not work at all no sounds and no movement whats so ever I've tried it in three different chassis to check to see if I was at fault but it still refused to work.

Ive tried to contact Digitrains by phone but no answer !!:help:

Hi Colin

A small but important point, assuming your Hornby 56 was factory fitted with sound ie with a 21pin decoder - Hornby's circuit board is designed for the sound decoder to be fitted "upside down" compared to a std Bachmann model etc. The replacement Zimo decoder will require fitting the same way. Hopefully this will solve your problem. The std 100ohm Hornby speaker will also require changing to an 8ohm version to work properly with the Zimo. The std 100ohm speaker will work with the Zimo, but the sound will be very quiet and possibly distorted.

HTH

Ken

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for the tips but the 56 it should be going into is an early model(56013) with an 8pin socket but with a 8pin to 21pin converter with an 8 Ohmn speaker in the fuel tank !!

I always test my 21 pin decoders in a Bachmann class 47 chassis before installing into the correct model originally I had no movement/sound or lights!!

Then after losing what patience i had left I came back to it the next day and things seemed to be looking up I now had movement and lights but still no sounds ?

So I contacted digitrains and I must say excellent customer service so far !!

The decoder is now back with them so it can be tested or replaced so I'm just hoping it comes back soon as I want to annoy SWMBO with some grid thrash !!

Archived