column supports and framework for overall roof

Looking for help to see if there are any suppliers in 00 scale for column supports and lattice type framework between the columns to construct a peaked overall roof.Something similiar to the Hornby ornate canopy supports is the kind of idea I am looking for.

Any help or advice would be great.

Andy

You could try the Scale Link 7mm range, I'm sure they do both columns and bras etching for the fretwork, the 7mm columns should give the sort of height in 4mm that is normally missing from most overall rooves, Mind you it won't work our cheap.

Rovex

Thanks for your replies Rovex and craigwelsh.

I had never thought about using 7mm products for 4mm column supports,but the dimensions on the scalelink site seem to fit in with the height required,so certainly food for thought.

The Bath Green Park overall roof is a work of art and some of the etchings on it are just what I was looking for,so thanks for that link also.

Andy

Pillars used for cake decoration are a cheap source of plastic pillars - some are quite elaborate as well.

Thanks Weekday Cross.Funny,my wife suggested them as well,but I did not really give it any further thought!I will now check these items out to see if any are suitable.

Cheers

Andy

Archived