Treatment of 'Clumping' for better results.

By a process of experimentation I've finally arrived at a successful way of treating 'clumping' material to provide remedies for my dislikes of the proprietary supplies.

Using International Clumping as the base, I soak convenient portions of the material in a mixture of acrylic paint, pva and water.

When drained and thoroughly dried, it sets hard and can be easily attached to work with neat pva.

It can still be pulled apart into the desired shapes.

By varying the colours of acrylic paint used in solution, it is possible to produce an unlimited natural range.

The existing (too acidic in my view) colours on the clumping are subsumed by the mixture although forming a good base colour.

No more detached bobbles of vegetation and more natural colours.

Easier to handle too when, for example, making trees and bushes and if the item has to be posted there is little migration.

Used the first finished clumping in a scrapyard for someone and I'm very pleased with it.

• RMweb Premium

hi,

I might be being really thick here, but whats clumping? Can you putsome pictures up to demonstrate your process next time you do some?

Thanks!

Simon

hi,

I might be being really thick here, but whats clumping? Can you putsome pictures up to demonstrate your process next time you do some?

Thanks!

Simon

I believe the cat litter we buy has clumping properties... ...I was drawn to this concept reading the initial post...

The scrapyard is an excellent piece of work by the way... ...hats off to you.

Regards

Stu

Archived